In the Beginning there was the Idea
… to fashion something and to organise it. This idea became a plan and it was in this way and with the necessary portion of entrepreneurial spirit that the Company Hitega Präzisionsmechanik in Gangkofen originated two decades ago.
Anyone who cannot or does not want to be distinguished by size must stand out by his individual dexterity and capabilities. This conviction was the entrepreneurial basis and is manifested today in our slogan “The Spirit of Precision”.
Our employees at Hitega see themselves as specialists in their field, who in responsible team work and with enthusiasm transform our customer’s ideas and concepts into technologically high class products. In the international business-to-business markets in which we operate there is increasing demand for the solving of problems and services, the technological complexity of which will continue to increase. We see the continuous improvement of the processes and of our own capabilities as a basis for a lasting and mutual success in our customer relations.
- 1990 Hitega Präzisionsmechanik GmbH ( private limited ) was formed with 4 co-workers in a double garage as workshop for precision components
- 1991 We moved to the current location in Gangkofen.
- 1993 The manufacturing of components and sub-assemblies for the semi-conductor industry was started.
- 1995 The assembly of precise mechanical assemblies was started and a purchasing department for the procurement of high tech components was set-up.
- 1997 The assembly of complete test-handlers for semi-conductors was started and the manufacturing of sub-assemblies was expanded.
- 2001 The systematic market development for Medical Technology was started. The business segments manufacturing of implants and instruments were set-up and the assembly of sub-assemblies for analytic appliances was started.
- 2005 We deliver precise mechanical components to the Automotive industry.
- 2007 The market development for the Aerospace industry was started.
- 2009 The Company is positioned as a specialist in the field of precision milling and module assembly.
- 2010 Implementation of “Lean” Methodology throughout the whole organization. Value Streaming Mapping resulted in three core functions: Operations, Sales & Marketing, Commercial.
- 2011 Analytic appliances is a fast growing market segment which requires advanced technical sub-assemblies including electronic, pneumatic and optical components.
- In 2012 and 2013, the company is named Supplier of the Year in the field of milling technology for the well-known aerospace company Tesat Spacecom (Backnang).
- In 2014 the company was taken over by the PTF Group based in Stollberg. The PTF Group, with locations in Stollberg and Hattersheim in Germany, Suzhou in China and Sturtevant, Racine County, USA, expects the acquisition to generate total annual sales of around 25 million euros.
- In 2016, the company invests in 3 new 5-axis Hermle milling centers to meet the growing demands of its customers. In addition, the company acquires a new laser marking device.
- In 2017, the quality management system is transferred to the new version of the DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 standard. Quality management has proven to be an indispensable means of ensuring consistently high quality in the company. In 2017, the company enters the turning technology with the acquisition of the first multi-axis turning machine.
- In 2018, the company puts an 80 m² clean room and a full vacuum hybrid cleaning system into operation. In the clean room, the company assembles assemblies with the highest cleaning requirements for the laser and optical industries as well as medical technology.